is writing an extended essay on sciences really difficult?

Clla

i've always thought that i want to do my extended essay on sciences like physics or chemistry.
But then everyone who was thinking about writing the essay on sciences is chaning their topic to other subjects like languages or humanities.
I know that if i choose sciences, i have to do many practical work and stay at school for a long time.
And I looked at some sample science essays and they looked really complicated. I don't even think that our school has enough equipments to support my practical.
I haven't decided my topic yet, but i know that i really wanna do sciences. (but then i don't really know what to write about either since i haven't learnt about sciences yet.. it's my first year of IB)

Is writing an extended essay on science subjects really hard? if so, which subject, chemistry or physics is less hard?
Or, is writing an essay on math rather easier than science subjects?

Math is probably harder than science.

Anyway a few things to keep in mind:

- if you like science and are going to be determined to finish the EE, then do it, just don't leave your lab til the last weekend and make sure you get a good mentor.
- They only look complicated cause you haven't learned it yet, but it gets easier.
- ask a department head about any equipment limitations

A science EE is basically a 3400-4000 word lab (or a research paper?), and if you're prepared to do that then do it.

and you could go here for more info on a science extended essay [url="http://turnerfentonib.com/docs/ee/Science_EE_Guide.pdf"]http://turnerfentonib.com/docs/ee/Science_EE_Guide.pdf[/url]

writting an extended essay in the sciences isn't as difficult as many people say it is.
Just think of it as a very long praticle with many calculations and a reasonably long conclusion, which includes a full analysis of the topic and all kinds of realistic improvements, not things such as "i will pay better attention when im working on the praticle."

Hope this helps!

Are you a May 09 candidate? In my school, they had to choose a topic at the end of IB1, do some research during the summer and start writing it in September.
Anw, yeah I heard that EE on sciences need more work. It's just a long lab report! So, I advise you to start as soon as possible just in case if something goes wrong.

Yeah it is. IBO even says in the booklet, people who dont take HL chem/bio dont score very well as a general observation they have made. Mine had ot be approved by offical group of scientist in the area, that my school referred me to. And when it came to picking my instructor, I got first pick because it was more difficult. So, my school takes it very serious.