How much worse is IB2 compared to IB1?

stylusdef

Um, it is hard to estimate exactly and sometimes it depends a bit on the schools... but yes it is more, for us I would say it is quite much more. I have 1 internal assesment per week until christmas! In IB2 the first one was like in january and there were 2 more that term... now I have 4 important deadlines in a row. + all of the other homework. And then after christmas comes mocks and studying for the final exam, to the end if IB2 isn't that fun either.

But don't despare my dear swedish friend!

I don't know why, but I seem to have almost twice the amount of work to do in IB2... In IB1, there would be weeks where the workload wasn't that heavy, and then weeks when it's really heavy, but now it just seems constantly heavy. D: Might just be my teachers, though, since everyone at my school got new ones in the switch from IB1 to IB2...

I think I actually had less work in IB2 because IB1 was crazy with TOK, math IAs, etc and also my IB1 english teacher went a little crazy with making us do practice IAs..we had to do a practice WL1 and WL2 for EVERY work that we studied, in addition to an in-class essay test.

In IB2, I just had science labs, EE, econ and english IAs to worry about. It was manageable, although we were only given one month to complete our WLs, that was a rough month.

Edited by __inthemaking

I'd say it has a similar workload, maybe even less :D At the moment the only important assignments I have are my TOK essay and a written task for English. Would be much more chilled if it weren't for university applications though...

Same here. Actually, pretty much exactly the same. World lit paper, TOK essay, and then History IA's really.

I feel like there is a lot less homework, because at my school we get a lot more papers and long-term projects.

However, worrying about college application causes lots of stress.

:D there is IB 2 as well...???? I thought there was only IB and that was it...oh is IB 2 the second year of IB...coz if that is the case then there would be IB 3 as well right?....sorry for sounding so dumb but IB has made me that way :D

hehe IB1 is the first year of IB and IB2 is the second year :) easy to get confused when u see it at first hehe

:) there is IB 2 as well...???? I thought there was only IB and that was it...oh is IB 2 the second year of IB...coz if that is the case then there would be IB 3 as well right?....sorry for sounding so dumb but IB has made me that way :rolleyes:

Haha IB3 is college!! There's no such thing, IB1 is junior year and IB2 is senior year. And IF (notice the capital letters) IB3 existed for a reason or another, I don't think anyone would survive it or we would graduate in heaven (or hell :diablo:) haha.

well ive heard its HELLLLLLL

and that in our summer this year, we got to start on our EE and essays

...so no summer holiday for us

Basically IB2, is when everyone panics, panicattack!

and the teachers who havent finished, rush everything

essays need to be given in

you procastinate

then you got to stay up all night

do your essays

sleep? i heard theres hardly any sleep in IB2

then comes exams

and well you can imagine how mad you get before the exams *heart attack*

Depends on how you consider it. Some Finnish and Swedish schools consider grade 12 to be your IB3 year, since grade 10 is your first pre-ib year. So it depends on your school >.< . Officially, it should be IB2 tho, I guess.

Going by that, I am in IB4 now, as I was in 'pre-IB' for 2 years. :0

Not true. With EE out of the way in a few weeks, the workload will be manageable. However, it's starting to pile up again.

you procastinate

do your essays

That's IB1. You do learn to manage things a bit better in IB2 (hopefully). I get more sleep this year than last year. :)

Edited by moneyfaery

• 2 weeks later...

IB2 is worse compared to IB1 however it often depends on you because if you have really good time management, you can do anything. Its not about working hard but working smart. Sleeping early is very important because if you don't your body breaks down and you will always feel tired and this makes you spend more time on your homework than you have to. This is a bad habit many students have is they overwork themselves by staying up WAY TOO late. Don't waste your time such as typing notes because you should be sleeping. Always do your homework because if you fall behind then it just piles on. Last but not least, take a break, all this stress is going to ruin your life, play sports excercise.

Well honestly whats happening is that our IB 1 is lots of IA's but sperated over the year and IB2 will be the same or just a little les so that but the time of our MOCK's we have time to breath and purely sudy material which i find a great plan! Since the IB 1 is filled with work it reallly helps in IB 2 and again i beleive that if u reallly think of it its not that hard since u should look at it as a one IA at a time or even 2 IA's and not 3 or 4 IA's since that never happens or not with me at least

• 2 weeks later...

Basically IB2, is when everyone panics, panicattack!

and the teachers who havent finished, rush everything

essays need to be given in

you procastinate

do your essays

then comes exams

and well you can imagine how mad you get before the exams *heart attack*

Yeap, that's about it. OR you can do your things while in IB1 and then sleep well as a IB2, but mostly everything piles up in the end and the mental disorders start to appear *twitching violently* :P

I'm IB2 at the moment, and I've found that it's easier than last year. Admittedly, I took advantage of my school system and took two IB SL exams at the end of my eleventh grade, but even without that I think it'd be easier. We're doing fewer IAs this year than last year because our World Lits were finished at the end of last semester + summer, and we've written only two Econ commentaries instead of five like last semester. And we're finishing the syllabus, so there isn't as much of a rush as last year. Like in Mathematics this year, we studied three units in one semester instead of four or five. Extended Essay is the killer, but I only really have myself to blame for that one because I chose to do a Chemistry EE and then kept putting off the data collection. So, in my opinion, IB1 was more stressful than IB2 so far, as long as you keep up with the work.

I'm in the last year of IB, and almost done the semester. Right now it's quite hard, but that's because of my procrastination and after school activities. I should have actually started my EE in the summer and read the books for English. If you do both of these, I think it will make your life much easier in IB 2. The only thing to do is not procrastinate, and it will make your life so much easier.