Economics HL or Psychology HL

FABULOUSBEAN

Im starting with IB in next year and my schools says that i have to choose 3 HL and 3 SL 

So far i've made up my mind about Maths SL,Spanish SL,English language SL,Biology HL and Business HL 

i have to select one more HL subject and ive narrowed it down to econ and psychology if it were up to me i would select either of these at SL but i dont have a choice.

Im doing economics in igcse right now and im good at it but i dont necessarily like it thaaaat much but i like that its simple and most of it is common sense and you dont have to memorize much at least in igcse 

I find psychology interesting but i've heard you do need to memorise alot and i think i would get fed up with it in like 2 months aahahaha since i dont like it much either 

I dont know what i want career wise in the future but i know definitely its going to involve biology and/or business (its weird i know)

it would help sooooo much if you could tell me which one is worth taking at HL and like more interesting and stuff THANKS ALOT 

Spoiler
Spoiler

Edited by FABULOUSBEAN

Well I was pretty fed up of Economics after the first semester

As what my friend and teacher told me, IGCSE Economics helps to some extent, but not all that much. Mostly just for Micro.

Personally, if I was given the chance, I'd switch Economics HL for Psychology HL since the latter seems far more interesting from what people've said, as well as its syllabus outline.

Economics gets super tedious pretty quickly for me, but to each his own I guess. If you want to go into Business, both psychology/economics can help out a lot, but also keep in mind that you'll also get an introductory course to economics as well in Business school. If you want to go into Biology, Psychology would be the preferred choice. Based on hearsay and statistics, both subjects are pretty much at the same level of difficulty, which is far from being overly difficult. 

• Like 1

Econ is a easy 6 with little effort and a 7 with some effort, I advise you to do it especially when Universities view in as a good subject to have in your arsenal. It may get tedious from time to time but generally its easy and with even a little effort a 6 or a 7 is possible. We just started the micro HL bit and its very simple and fun if you enjoy working with numbers.

2 minutes ago, samim said:

Econ is a easy 6 with little effort and a 7 with some effort, I advise you to do it especially when Universities view in as a good subject to have in your arsenal. It may get tedious from time to time but generally its easy and with even a little effort a 6 or a 7 is possible. We just started the micro HL bit and its very simple and fun if you enjoy working with numbers.

How can you say it's an "easy 6 with little effort and a 7 with some effort" when you've still just started micro HL?

Subject difficulty is really relative; what's easy for you may not be for others. I can definitely say that Economics is arguably my most demanding subject, and the one I have to spend the most time on.