Poor Score. What colleges do you suggest?

Scott123

Hi,

So I am in the second year of the diploma program and I need to apply to universities now. I have a score of 32-33, which is not the best score. I have a 1250 SAT (New) score. Any one have suggestions based on these scores? I have been on Usnews but its useless for us iB students. Please help

Regards,
Scott.

College Board (SAT test provider) offers an online college lookup tool. I used it a little in my initial college searching. You should be able to access it with your SAT login stuff. I found Cappex fairly useful in the college search process. Basically you make an account and answer their questions and colleges "find you" and send you stuff about them. Cappex also gives you a probability of you getting in based on how your GPA and SAT score matches up. 

Finding information on IB related stuff from US schools can be a bit of a challenge. Most schools don't really consider predicted grades (unless they are your GPA equivalent) for admission. Often you have to search on the school's individual website for stuff about IB.

(This is all in reference to domestic applications. International applications are different.) 

• 2 months later...

Dude those scores are stellar for most unis even some top 100 unis. Don't get down in the dumps about them. Many websites are complete ass when looking for unis for an IB student. I have spent 2 years researching unis day in day out (as I am a middle class international student and paying for uni is going to be hard) and the best website is smart class colleges. It doesn't help in an IB sense but neither does any website in the world. Don't use prepscholar, it is ass and uses algorithms rather than actual information. Use your SAT score as a base for looking at unis, as well as the price, make a list of your favorites then look online on their websites at their IB considerations. If that is not possible email the school itself about IB considerations and also take your list to your school university guidance counsellor, they should point you in the right direction. 

Ill be applying to the US next year.