Math IA help

ahmed

hi

so iv been working on my math IA about studying and extrapolating  the increase in population of canada and predicting the population in 2020 given the current data

canada.xlsx

right now i have graphed the function and the equation with R^2 value but im not sure what the equation means

i have attached the file... any idea what to do

• 4 weeks later...

Without giving everything away, you may want to compare rate of population growth in Canada compared to a different country. Just briefly going over related topics is a geography book on population pyramid and natural growth rate will prove to be very beneficial. How is your model of population growth reflective of the demography (or even policies) of Canada? At the SL level, most correlation topics can be readily be modified to become much more advanced than a Studies IAs by offering justification and evaluation of the curves of best fit. 

Also consider things like immigration, natural birth rate, death rate etc. Basically if you dig in deeper into the components of what makes the population grow, which of these components dominate? If you can decompose your population function into other components (e.g. immigration + birth - deaths etc) it will add more your IA.