connection between EE and receiving a diploma

xsandralee

I'm very confused, and having a new IB coordinator does not really help at all, but my major question is:

if you receive an 'E' in the EE but either an A, B, C, or D in the TOK essay, do you still receive your diploma?

when can you not receive your diploma? is it when you fail in EITHER of the two essays?

(Thank you to all those who reply!)

(as you can tell, I'm very stressed and confused)

think they're changing it for '10 though, but I don't have a source. I do however remember our coordinator saying "Some of you would not have been able to get a diploma if you were in the class below" or something to people who got a predicted E on their EE...

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='Frei' post='27900' date='Nov 6 2008, 12:34 PM']think they're changing it for '10 though, but I don't have a source. I do however remember our coordinator saying "Some of you would not have been able to get a diploma if you were in the class below" or something to people who got a predicted E on their EE...[/quote]

yeah, our coordinator told us that too.. that for 2010 IB students you need atleast a D for the diploma. I wouldn't worry though because its pretty hard to get a predicted E

[quote name='Frei' post='27900' date='Nov 6 2008, 09:34 PM']think they're changing it for '10 though, but I don't have a source. I do however remember our coordinator saying "Some of you would not have been able to get a diploma if you were in the class below" or something to people who got a predicted E on their EE...[/quote]

Predicted E's? How bad were their essays?! I think the worst grades people in my class will have will be C's, I haven't really seen people's essays though so I can't tell if anyone will get an A.

But yes, you can get one E and still pass. Fingers crossed that it doesn't happen to any of us.