Sign in to follow this  

Zinch

Has anyone got an account on www.zinch.com ? It's a website for US admissions officers and prospective students similar to myspace and facebook in that you create profiles. Difference is that only admissions officers can access your profile and theres this ''shout-out'' feature where you call out for the unis that you are interested in and they may look at your profile and send you things like messages, loves, offers etc.

I made an account there, but I was wondering if this would really help me increase my chances of admissions. I made a shout out for all ivy league schools, MIT, stanford, BU, UC campuses, UMCP, University of Chicago n some others.... And so far i've received love from stanford only from the unis i am interested in, and a bunch of other, err.... spam mails from below-average colleges that i've never heared of

Has anyone got experience with zinch.com? or does anyone know how this could enhance, or perhaps even hurt, my application? I mean they see your profile picture, your name, you can add essays, your sat scores, your gpa, your favourite classes, list activities, list awards etc. etc. so does that mean if the unis don't like what they see, could you be at a disadvantage with such a zinch profile?

i live in the states and i have never heared of it before. it deosn't seem like it would hurt as liong as ther si nothing bad on there, but it deosn't look like it is helping you.

Yeah it is kinda sketchy!

Loves are general messages like ``thank you for considering us, we checked your profile and are eager to learn more about you´´ or ``we looked at your profile, and see you are interested in X major, X major at our institute should be considered bla bla... we look forward to hear more from you´´

I got a love from Stanford so far. I don't think these loves are sent automatically, because I haven't received them from other colleges that are in my consideration list on my zinch profile

Zinch is very new as far as I know, so it's not that super famous yet

i'm not relying on zinch to get into uni, don't worry :rolleyes:

But it would be funny if making a good profile on this site helps with your admissions =)