French HL Difficulty and other classes

Hi, so basically, I was just wondering how difficult French HL will be since i will be going straight from French 3 and skipping SL) (also im really passionate about learning langauges)  is and how much time will be dedicated (if anyone has any idea) towards this class because my schedule next year is 

12th Grade 

IB English Lit HL

IB 20th Latin America History HL

IB French HL

IB Biology SL

AP/IB Calc AB SL

AP Spanish IV (I am doing SL Spanish this year as my sixth subject because the Spanish HL and French HL classes conflict)

Wind Ensemble 

Extracurricular - 
Marching Band 1st Semester
Jazz Band 2nd Semester

also could someone rate the difficulty of these classes in order?
Edited by Guyitti2000

From my experience, Language B/Ab Initio subjects in IB are rather not that difficult if you have even the slightest exposure to the language.

IB Lit HL -- English Lit(?) -- will definitely be one of your more difficult classes, but if you have good writing skills and a solid grasp of literary analysis, you'll do fine.

IB Biology SL is really easy -- imo it has the smallest syllabus content out of all Group 4 Science subjects at SL. Just revise from time to time and you'll excel in it.

I can't speak for AP classes as I've not taken them. I heard AP Calc BC is at least as hard as the Calculus in Maths HL, but that's it.

Your extracurriculars seem fine and in no way overwhelming.

• Like 1

On top of what the previous poster just said, I'd like to add that History HL will also be very content heavy. I don't personally take it but I was often told it's one of the hardest essay-based HLs out there, so bare that in mind. If you like analysis and essay-writing (which could be implied by your HLs) then you should do fine if you organise yourself properly and stay on top of your work. 

A tip from my history HL friend is to try and write essays by hand rather than on the laptop in order to practice for the exams. He repeats it all the time haha