Individual Oral Presentation: English A1 HL

overduex

[quote name='overduex' post='27899' date='Nov 6 2008, 06:20 PM']Hi,
I am currently working on my IOP for English. I wanted to know how many quotations you guys think is a good number to use?
Also, if anyone has any tips in general, I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks![/quote]

use 1 quote for everything that you are talking about...also keep in mind the time frame you have
know the work, live the work, breathe the work, eat the work
good luck

hey im Englsih A1 SL and im doing by IOP in two weeks my thing is for those who read the book Wide Sargasso Sea its going to be Antoinette ( main character) talking to the physcatrist is that a "un professinal " idea? is it a COOL WOW idea? i really want something creative and orginal is it as bad as i think it is?

[font="Palatino Linotype"]The key for a successful English A1 Oral presentation is not the number of quotation, but since that was your initial question I believe I will have to answer it somehow:

How many quotations solely depends on the work, and more importantly, your topic. I did 'Sexuality in Brave New World' and I think I only used a few. The mark I was given was 7, and the presentation was made whilst the others were presenting (but I guess that is the beauty of holistic learning/thinking).

Nevertheless, I was thinking of the new one coming up, and regarding your question I can easily illustrate why you should not use too many quotations (as it is somewhat inefficient):

Take Disgrace for instance, this is a work you probably have heard of. But that is not the point, the point is that if you were to present its themes or whatever, you would probably only need the first sentence in the novel. The first sentence says everything about David Lurie, how he is as a person, what his situation is, his philosophies. It also serves as a hint for what is going to be encountered whilst reading the work. So really, less is more, and by doing this you will make your presentation more focused and not walk astray.

In summary, instead of using heaps of quotations, you rather pick the most suitable ones. Subsequently you work on them, brings the essence, and use our beloved SCASI.

Now I don't know what to say other than best of luck.[/font]