Is this topic doable as an IA?

Rey

I am struggling to come up with an idea for my Math SL IA. The best idea I have come up with so far is the following: My home is exactly four blocks south and four blocks west from the bus stop my sister and I go to every morning. I want to calculate how many different routes there are from here to there, and the probability of my sister taking the same route as me/taking  half of the same route as me half the way, and another one from there/walking a route that doesn't even touch my route/etc...

However, as I'm in Math SL, not Studies, I'm a little bit concerned that this topic idea is too simple... Is it? If it is, what can I possibly add to it to make it a bit more complex? Any help is appreciated :) I know this is a pretty dumb topic, but I kinda really want to do it...

I like this topic. You'll quickly see how this relates to Pascal's triangle and the number of possible combinations to go from A to B. For the personal engagement component, you should probably discuss something like taking different paths for the sake of variation and getting to know your neighbourhood very well. There are health experts who suggest that you should take different routes to getting home to help your brain adapt to new situations. Go for this topic. It has a lot of potential.

• Like 1