650 For grade 12

150 for the diploma

25 for extended essay

75 for mailing

100 for French

100 for Bio

100 for English

100 for social

1075 for both years... prices may change because of the US Canadian Dollar change :)

Edited by 692287002

I paid nothing.. my IB school was simply an extention of a public school, except you had to write an exam and get picked to do the program.

lucky ... my parents pay for me but it is still expensive... this cost is on top of my regular school fees...grrrr :)

Not much:

(all prices in euros, roughly 1€ = 1.3 dollars atm.)

IB Exams €500

Group 4 Project €70

Extended Essay €50

School books etc. ~€500

Most of you seem to be paying quite little compared to the 45 000 x ~2(IB1+IB2 total cost ends up being around 60 000 though, luckily my dad's jobs pays about 3/4, this must be one of the most expensive IB schools) my school charges us. And the worst is thatwe have a limited number of choives of subjects(they do greatly encourage taking 7 subjects though and they have an average of 34 points for the IB), such as ITGS, Computer Science, Theatre Arts, design technology, Business(Most people are annoyed about this), Dance, Film, philosophy, psychology, social anthropology, human rights, peace and conflict studies... The only two arts are Music and Visual Arts which do have good teachers, but still it's difficult to know if it's worth it.

Edited by Unperfect

Nothing. And I didn't have to take exams or anything to get into it either. :) My school encourages students to take the IB, and doesn't charge extra for it. Though, if you do poorly in it in your first semester, they're quick to boot you out [of the IB diploma].

:) Wow. I had no idea IB was so expensive...

My school pays for everything. I mean there are a few supplemental texts and educational resources that I have purchased, but other than that, my school takes care of everything.

As for the selection process, we don't have to take any sort of exam to get in, we apply at the end of middle school, and if you make it in to pre-IB, then you're in as long as you don't two "D"s or break the honor code.

Free here too. Schools actually get money from the government in some places, for each Ib exam we take. Like here :)

However, I was just notified by a friend he pays 10k per year for IB (40k for all 4 years) in China.

Edited by biochem