Math Help

Well, the one question that I haven't been able to get right, even after spending some time at it. For the record, IB would most likely never ask anything this evil, but if you have a method of getting a solution, please post some hints at it, since it's been bugging some of us for a while now.

"A container in the shape of an inverted cone has height 16 cm and radius 5 cm at the top. It is partially filled with a liquid that oozes through the sides at a rate proportional to the area of the container that is in contact with the liquid. (The surface area of a cone is pi*r*l, where r is the radius and l is the slant height) If we pour the liquid into the container at a rate of 2 cm^3/min, then the height of the liquid decreases at a rate of 0.3 com/min when the height is 10 com. If our goal is to keep the liquid at a constant height of 10 cm, at what rate should we pour water in to the container?"

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='SharkSpider' post='27985' date='Nov 8 2008, 08:12 AM']"A container in the shape of an inverted cone has height 16 cm and radius 5 cm at the top. It is partially filled with a liquid that oozes through the sides at a rate proportional to the area of the container that is in contact with the liquid. (The surface area of a cone is pi*r*l, where r is the radius and l is the slant height) If we pour the liquid into the container at a rate of 2 cm^3/min, then the height of the liquid decreases at a rate of 0.3 com/min when the height is 10 com. If our goal is to keep the liquid at a constant height of 10 cm, at what rate should we pour water in to the container?"[/quote]
Sorry for not replying...i will find out from my math teacher..they are the best