Art techniques

HJ:)

Well, assuming you're doing visual arts, techniques are rather limited.

Some common ones are pencil, pencil crayon, artist's pens, ballpoint pens, water color paint, acrylic paint and oil paint, for 2d. There's also pastels and chalk pastels, and charcoal.

In 3d, you can really do whatever you want, clay and wire scultpure are the obvious ones, but you can make stuff with whatever you want as long as you can give it a professional and finished look.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi! i can't help but notice you're korean flag :( yay me too except i live in america

anyways i pretty much agree with what sharkspider said

if you use different mediums, then you're bound to use different techniques every time!

lately i've been looking at playing and folding paper.

my teacher showed me a korean artist named "su kwak."

she has some really neat paper folding techniques and her works are definitely unique.

good luck!

• 2 weeks later...
lately i've been looking at playing and folding paper.

my teacher showed me a korean artist named "su kwak."

she has some really neat paper folding techniques and her works are definitely unique.

good luck!

LOOOL ur korean too??? :P woooowwww the world is small ;)

newayz, thanks for the name of the artist, real useful :P

Well, assuming you're doing visual arts, techniques are rather limited.

Some common ones are pencil, pencil crayon, artist's pens, ballpoint pens, water color paint, acrylic paint and oil paint, for 2d. There's also pastels and chalk pastels, and charcoal.

In 3d, you can really do whatever you want, clay and wire scultpure are the obvious ones, but you can make stuff with whatever you want as long as you can give it a professional and finished look.

thanks :P havent thought about the ball pens b4 !!!! gr8 way of thinking ! hehehe ;)

again: thanks

thanks :o havent thought about the ball pens b4 !!!! gr8 way of thinking ! hehehe :P

again: thanks

ball point pen is amazing!!! it was one of my favorite meduims for 2-d work.

you should also look into 3-d things too.

for example my theme was jewelry, so i got to use differnt mediums that you wouldn't necessariyl use in 2-d work.

My IB art theme is "interpretation of the word : twilight" :P

No, it's not about the Twilight series books by Meyer. I am taking the word "twilight" and creating ideas out of it.

Some people may think that it's a pretty dense idea, but I personally love it. Its such a broad idea for me, and I can create so many meanings with the word "twilight", it's ridiculous ;)

There are many techniques you can use. You have a variety of equipment such as pencils, crayons, pens, water colors, acrylic paints and oil paints. May be your teacher wants you to think outside the box and stop drawing painting that have many similarities. I'm not majoring in arts but i know you can use the paint brush and show the lines of the paint brush in ur drawing, also you can use dots to make wonderful drawings.

• 1 month later...

As well as many of the usual mediums, you could try some wood cuts and lino reduction prints. Working with texture always works too as well as using mixed media.

Your teacher may mean though to create work with a different/distinct style for each project. I suppose it helps to pull that particular theme together?

I almost always use felt pens in drawings when I get bored of paint. Especially those sepia toned ones that come in packs of four in different sizes - much more interesting than plain black ink :P

• 1 month later...