TOK ESSAY HELP!

Svinsern

I recenetly started on my TOK essay after choosing question number five: 

Given access to the same facts, how is it possible that there can be disagreement between experts in a discipline? Develop your answer with reference to two areas of knowledge.

I am simply wondering how many knowlegde questions it is normal/appropriate to discuss during the length of the essay. Any advice is highly appreciated :)

• 3 weeks later...

My teacher had us do little charts to break down each of the prescribes titles, and asked for about two knowledge questions for each chart. So, that would be my best advice, going for two to discuss at most. You don't want to catch yourself trying to tackle too many questions in your essay.

16 hours ago, piercey.x said:

My teacher suggested 2 knowledge questions and mentioned that 3 is pushing it. I wrote mine with 2 knowledge questions and I found it fit perfectly within the word count after explaining it and relating them to everything. 

May I ask how you structured your essay. Currently I have two claim/counterclaim sections relating to the same KQ

On 11/29/2016 at 4:19 PM, Svinsern said:

May I ask how you structured your essay. Currently I have two claim/counterclaim sections relating to the same KQ

You're on the right track, the most important thing is to make sure you relate your knowledge questions developed with your AOK's which will help make it flow well. So what I did for my essay was develop a KQ, give a real life example, and relate it to an AOK, then come with a counter claim (hopefully that kinda makes sense to you). I also found that making an outline will really help with writing the essay and making it coherent, as well as reading examples online to get a good idea of what it should generally look like.