Discussion about Uni Offers 2009

Forester

My best friend is going to visit Kent tomorrow, actually; she's having trouble deciding what to choose. I *think* I've heard her talk about Canterbury, so I think that's where she would be going if she ends up choosing Kent.

But I'm shiftily all for her choosing Edinburgh instead, because that's where I'll be. :proud:

• 2 weeks later...

Finally all the decisions have been made. I was rejected by Warwick for history and accepted to LSE for international history. Now starts the decision making :D Cambridge is a pretty obvious first choice, but the insurance one is a lot harder. The difference between the 3 other offers (Durham 38, KCL 38 with 666 at HL, and LSE 37 with 666 at HL) is pretty negligible. I guess the Durham course is the most appreciated one, but it is still difficult. There are lots of things that weigh, the location, the course, the reputation, etc.

My friend has a predicted 41 and perfect on SAT II (bio, chem, math II), but got rejected by Princeton and on waiting list for Harvard. I know another dude who graduated May 08, he had 43 final, perfect SAT II, and silver in International Physics Olympiad last year, still got rejected from MIT and Princeton.

^I think you are still considered as US citizen.

My school blitzed US admissions. We got people into Stanford + all the ivies except for Harvard (don't think anyone got accepted from my country). Now there is going to be a huge advertising campaign... sigh.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there,

I am confused as to how the uk universties give out offers?

I looked at the website of LSE, King's, Warwick, Manchester and Bristol.

On their website they have the typical IB offers listed in the entry requirements section, did they include bonus points (they didn't mention if it is included or not)?

It will be very helpful if anyone can answer my question.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...