Discussion about Uni Offers 2009

Forester

• 3 weeks later...

Yes....you apply to universities and then they reply back. And if they accept you with a conditional offer, it means you have to meet certain conditions before they take you. In some countries like the UK people apply for university before their exam results come out, and the university will tell you that you must get 36 points in the IB or whatever for them to take you. That is an offer.

They are called offers because you have to decide if you want to accept them. Many universities may accept you, but you can't go to all of them. So you accept one of their "offers" for a place.

• 1 month later...

I've read all of the posts at this thread and I must admit you made me feel nervous but also eager to get the best grades possible.

Congratulations to all of you guys who got into the universities you wanted!! It's amazing and I'm sure you are extremely happy!

I just wanted to know if there is anyone around here who got into LSE for Economics?

• 3 weeks later...

Cambridge did accept me despite not meeting their offer. I haven't really gotten in touch with the fact that I will be going there next year due to my military service, but in any case its great :)

it'll be fine, they'll just defer you to the next year. If they excepted you despite missing your offer it means they really want you there, a girl in my year (on TSR) didn't make her offer and despite the constant calling etc. they didn't take her. So be assured they want you. Can't you postpone the military service until after Uni?

Cambridge did accept me despite not meeting their offer. I haven't really gotten in touch with the fact that I will be going there next year due to my military service, but in any case its great :)

it'll be fine, they'll just defer you to the next year. If they excepted you despite missing your offer it means they really want you there, a girl in my year (on TSR) didn't make her offer and despite the constant calling etc. they didn't take her. So be assured they want you. Can't you postpone the military service until after Uni?

Oh, I didn't really mean that with not getting in touch with it. I applied with a gap year so everything is fine in that sense. I'm already doing my military service, started on July 13th and this is my second week-end off, so that's what I meant with not really being in touch with things :)

Actually, according to them I did "well enough" for them to accept me :)