Are two HL sciences necessary?

Le1ouchX

28 minutes ago, IB`ez said:

Most prestigious UK universities, especially for rigorous engineering and other science courses usually require you to have a double Science or Science + Maths subject at HLs. 

What about courses like physics and chemistry in university?

21 minutes ago, Le1ouchX said:

What about courses like physics and chemistry in university?

I have a handbook about Warwick university and all their Science-focused majors do require 2x Sciences at HL or Science + Maths.

For Physics & Chemistry specifically (in Warwick), you need two 6s in Physics/Chemistry and Maths HL, with a minimum overall score of 36. 

23 hours ago, IB`ez said:

I have a handbook about Warwick university and all their Science-focused majors do require 2x Sciences at HL or Science + Maths.

For Physics & Chemistry specifically (in Warwick), you need two 6s in Physics/Chemistry and Maths HL, with a minimum overall score of 36. 

Well, I have done some research about this and so far it varies depending on the university, some require 2 HL sciences, some 1 HL and some even SL is good enough. I live in HK and the universities in HK only require 1 HL science at most. I would like to take 2 HL sciences for safety but I fear the workload would be too much for me and even if I do, I might not even get a high grade and I would prefer to stay in HK for university. So what would you recommend me to do?

1 hour ago, Le1ouchX said:

Well, I have done some research about this and so far it varies depending on the university, some require 2 HL sciences, some 1 HL and some even SL is good enough. I live in HK and the universities in HK only require 1 HL science at most. I would like to take 2 HL sciences for safety but I fear the workload would be too much for me and even if I do, I might not even get a high grade and I would prefer to stay in HK for university. So what would you recommend me to do?

If you're not sure about getting a high grade on it and that the difficulty can spillover towards your entire workload, and also based on your research that the universities you plan to don't require it, then it seems best that you don't force yourself to take two HL sciences. If you feel unsafe about how your science capabilities would look like to universities regardless, there's always the option of taking SAT subject tests within that science subject and then trying to do well in them instead.