HL economics or HL physics

Le1ouchX

Hi,

So I'm a year 11 currently deciding his IB choices. I'm sure on all subjects besides economics and physics. I am thinking of doing a bachelor of science when I go to university, So my current HL is chemistry and Chinese, but I'm unsure on economics and physics. I like both just as much, I want to do science in university but also economics for a plan B. I can take both at HL because the chinese choice allows me to. So what you guys recommend?

Wait just to clear things up, you'll be taking both of these subjects anyways but you're unsure of which one of them to put at HL?

Well if it's possible I would definitely take 4 HLs (so taking both of them at HL) and then dropping one of them as soon as you decide which one you like the best.

I, for example, am taking 4 HLs because I am really not sure if a) if I can manage HL Maths and b) which three of the subjects I like the most. I am keeping these 4 HLs until I feel sure about which 3 I like the most and then I'll just drop the 4th one.

If your school does not allow you to do this, I'm afraid I really can't help you. I don't take econ, but I do take physics and I absolutely love it, it's my absolute favourite subject, but I also know some people in my class who absolutely despise it so it's really individual (ik that wasn't exactly helpful but that's all I can give you hahah) 

Check your Uni requirements becuase maybe they might require specific subjects, some do and some dont.

I take economics , i really enjoy it, its interesting but not also to easy, something really great if your plan on opening your own bussines or do something related with business or money. If you are taking both do both as HL see what you get in your reports. And the one which you find harder you can drop. 

Sorry i couldnt help more becuase you didnt specify what science degree would u like to get