Forced harshed grading?

biochem

So the teachers at my school basically came out flat and said no one will get a 7. "I dont give out sevens". And following footsteps, my other teachers have gotten a hold of the moto, and simply refuse to grade appropriately. Their thought is, that if Ib sees their grading as too general or weak, the 20 people which get picked will influence all IB scores to go down. And there is some testimony to this, since the teacher that proposed it has had her scores ALWAYS go up after exams. She said she gave out a single 7, for someone who was in language B but fluent in French :)

I am just wondering, to what extent does IB catch these cases, outside of my teachers reputation. I actually had a laugh with the teacher, saying that they wont catch her marks and leave them as they are. Give me your thoughts?

Yeah, our chem teacher told us that if they think that she is too lenient when grading the 5 lab reports that they randomly choose, they will drop all our grades. On the other hand, if they find out that she it too harsh they will lift your grades up. So for lab reports she has no choice but to be fair. For tests, try talking to the your IB coordinator and give her evidence of your teacher's harshness.

thats so annoying
teachers are annoying

well as soon as i went the first day, the head is like 'dont aim for 7's, its too high to aim for' and when we said we wanted 38's or 36's she laughed .im just like wthell!
the best thing to do
is work really hard
and then at the end hopefully we get good
and we can rub a 7 in there faces
and tell them not to degrade the next year below you
or just flash it infront of their faces