Historical Imvestigation

Vanessa_

Hi, 

I was wondering if anyone can help me with the investigation portion of my HI. My question is "To what extent did the treatment of interned Japanase Americans compare to interned Jews during World War Two?" 

I'm having trouble coming up with my body paragraphs. I'm not sure whether I should do one paragraph about how they're completely different and another one about their similarities. Any suggestions? 

generally, it's better to deal with both in each paragraph, structuring around a common theme. That way you do the compare and contrast for the reader. 

If you like something like this:

"topic 1. It has this, that and the other." as a paragraph. and "topic 2. It has this, that and the other." as a paragraph. And deal with the compare and contrast in the conclusion, you made the reader do a lot of analysis on their own. Not to mention, it's really easy to be super narrative in this approach. 

If you do something like:

"topic 1 and 2 are same/different about this" as a paragraph. "topic 1 and 2 are same/different about that" as a paragraph. "topic 1 and 2 are same/different about the other" as a paragraph. With this method, you force yourself to be analytical about the topics in each paragraph. Also, you don't leave it until the end (or reader) to draw conclusions while they are reading.

• Like 1

Okay so I might try to focus on one theme in each paragraph. For instance, the first paragraph would focus on the jobs within each camp. Then the following paragraph would focus on the food given as wel brutality by soldiers.  Then lastly the other paragraph would focus on the treatment in relation to gas chambers and how one camp had it as opposed to the other camp had no such thing. My question is that are the body paragraphs to stand on their own or are they too vague? 

Your IA has a max word count of 2200 (ish) words. Stuff like the reflection and OPCVL take up a minimum of 700. That leaves the actual essay portion with 1500 words.

If you are going to compare, you have about 750 words for either the Japanese Americans and the Jews. 750 words being summary + analysis + intro/conclusion altogether. Do you really think you will have the room to go into much detail for either side of the topic?

11 hours ago, Empiral said:

Your IA has a max word count of 2200 (ish) words. Stuff like the reflection and OPCVL take up a minimum of 700. That leaves the actual essay portion with 1500 words.

If you are going to compare, you have about 750 words for either the Japanese Americans and the Jews. 750 words being summary + analysis + intro/conclusion altogether. Do you really think you will have the room to go into much detail for either side of the topic?

What would you recommend instead?