For the people who sat IBexams. what was it like?

Starz

It depends on what subjects you take! The IBO organises the schedule for all subjects over a three-week period in May or November, and then you sit the exams for the subjects you've studied. So you may not have exams on the same days as all your friends and such.

I'm sitting exams in May 2009, and for my subject combination the schedule really sucks! I have my four most difficult subjects in the first week (plus one morning in the second week), and then I have my two easiest subjects in the last week.

So you should be prepared to have exams morning and afternoon practically every day for three weeks; on the upside, you'll know early on what days you have what, so you can plan far in advance.

Does that answer your question?

[url="http://www.ibsurvival.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=68"]http://www.ibsurvival.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=68[/url]

That thread above lists when the exams are for 2008 and 2009. I took my Biology SL and Math SL exams last year, it wasn't as nerve-wrecking as I thought it would be. I think I started studying for biology a month in advance, only because I was making notes following the IB syllabus. I would advise you to practice with old exams with a real exam setting, like setting up a timer and getting rid of all distractions, so that you're not as nervous when you walk into that exam room. =)

There's a set schedule for when you write each subject. I wrote all of mine in the span of 2 weeks..I think it was something like May 3-15.

And I had to write economics and biology on the same day, that was not fun :\.

You should start studying well in advance, unlike me. I studied biology and chemistry about 3 weeks in advance because those subjects were most important to me. Didn't study english and economics until the day prior to the exam.

• Like 1