TOK Predicted grades?

Nemo

Hey guys! I was wondering how the TOK grades are predicted. How can this be done if the structure of the class in my school only comprises to the teacher teaching and us doing exercises and discussing the concepts? Will the teacher base it on this (even though I think this would be quite inaccurate)? How does it work in your school? Thanks for the help.

Since you're only in DP1, I would suggest not worrying too much.

At my school, I did a total of 2x TOK summative essays and 1x presentation over the course of DP1. Hence, such coursework was what primarily factored into my TOK grade predictions. However, the exercises and discussions done in class were also taken into account by the teacher in formulating the predicted grade for me – so although it might not be the most accurate of things, it's definitely a factor to consider.

As you progress through the DP, you will be doing your TOK final assessments of the essay and a presentation, which your teacher will mostly likely base your final predicted grades from. Also, predicted grades tend to change over time as they start to first be available (privately) some time during the first term of DP2, and then changing to reflect changes in performance e.g. mocks/IAs.

• Like 1

In my school we did the presentation in IB1 so since ToK *official* predicted grades aren't sent until spring of examination year, the predict grade is based on presentation and a draft of final ToK essay which we all submitted for feedback. We did not get other predicted grades throughout the school year since they were not official. Predicted grades throughout the school year, in your case, could be based on such in class activities but that's not how the school will submit the *official* predicted grade once to IB.

• Like 1