What books to buy, exercise to do for French B SL - Beginner

jadooda

Hi there,

I am in Year 1 IB and I am doing French B SL currently, I have an average of 3 based on my assessments. I am not very good at French and it is bringing my average down. I was wondering what books or exercises are recommended to practice and study french. For example, I saw this book on amazon called  "B French B: Skills and Practice (https://www.amazon.ca/IB-French-B-Skills-Practice/dp/0198390076/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1481236684&sr=8-1&keywords=ib+french+b )and I wonder if it is helpful or not. Is there any other exercises/books that are good for French, if you know of some please tell me. 

We never used a book designed for IB, so i can't help you there.

Do past papers, that's the best practice, and get your teacher to mark them. You could even do some ab initio ones first and then try SL ones. 

I'd recommend getting a grammar book if anything - I used Schaum's French Grammar. 

Also read articles on the internet related to the topics you are studying and look up words you aren't sure of.