TOK Essay- Title 4 HELP

JFloofy

Hi everyone!

I need help deconstructing the prescribed 2017 titles, particularly title 4. My TOK teacher wasn't able to provide much help because this is our school's second year with the IB program. Over the past two years (I'm a senior now) it's been pretty hectic, teachers nor us students know what we have to do. Any help I appreciate! Please help I really want to do well even though my school is struggling to help us all get through this last semester. 

"In the production of knowledge, traditions of areas of knowledge offer correctives for ways of knowing.”  To what extent do you agree with this statement?

I really am unsure of how to approach this title, but from what I could understand of it was that it's asking for how the methods of AOK's can change or improve how we produce knowledge using our WOK's but I really don't understand. Can someone please help me understand this title? I'm sorry for any inconveniences and thank you for any help you all can offer! ^^ 

Edited by JFloofy

I chose title 4. It, to me, seems like the really open-ended prompt, one where the student has to really define what he/she wants to write about in the intro paragraph. That doesn't mean go wild and write something diametrically-opposed to any possible interpretation, but I think if it's in reason it should be okay. Your interpretation seems right. I interpreted it as "Should traditions be kept because they have any inherent advantages?". I then wrote about some varied real-world situations but tried to keep the knowledge questions on topic. I also think that a lot of us who write this will talk about culture because it seems really relevant to this title. I'm curious to hear other's who are writing on this and their thoughts.