Most Eccentric IB Curriculum

Richard Stifler

For my HL's, I have history, bio and chem. For SL's, I have math, english, french. Since the IB program is brand new at my school and we only have like 80 kids, there weren't many choices. For example, we only had math SL... which is fine by me. Then, History SL and HL got combined to make HL since we had like 7 people in each. French SL was my only choice for the 2nd language. Overall, I think I have a pretty average combo... just a lot of memorization. Plus I got everything I wanted

Weirdest combination that I can think of is from a kid who graduated 2 years ago at my school:
English A SL, Mathematics SL, Physics HL, Geography HL, German B HL, Mandarin ab initio.

I think to an extent what makes this feel weird to me is the B HL language in contrast with A SL, the choice of Physics and an otherwise highly humanities oriented programme, and the choice of a B HL and an ab initio language (mind you, this person scored a full 100 points in Mandarin).