Hi! My english teacher is making us do many passages in part 4. We are a class of 9 students and he is making us pickup chits with passages. He gave us 15 chits for an English Lang & Lit SL batch. Its just a pain to study all that and the curriculum document says we should do some 6 or 7 passages minimum. 

Do all teachers follow the minimum requirement or they do more passages than required? Thats so bad for students. Please help me so i can tell him.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Monica,

It does seem rather a lot, I agree, but your teacher is probably making sure you review well and can handle the passage that you draw from the 6-7 he will make available on exam. Better safe than sorry. And it is all luck of the draw on exam day. 

Teacher's can do what they like in terms of review, of course, and the IB only gives recommendations about the minimum/ideal number of passages that should be offered on the exam day. At least that is how it was explained to me (way back when I had A1! ha!). Think of it as time well spent. Do one or two passages a day. Space it all out. That should make things easier.