Hello,

I have been thinking recentely about my Internal Assessment topic. For now, I have Sierpinski triangle, but I am not sure about it right now, and I am now thinking about connecting it somehow with music. Do you think it is a good idea or maybe the initial topic was appropriate enough for IA? Any comments or advice will be much appreciated :)

Welcome to IBS!
The way you choose a math IA is not mixing math and other subjects. The goal is to talk about math. Music or other subjects are just carefully chosen paths for you to discuss math. If you are SL, you should consider how well you can explain the ideas using your knowledge and words, or even providing original insights. If you are HL, you should also consider what branches of math, other than geometry, can you relate to Sierpinski triangle? Can you get combinatorics, algebra, statistics or calculus into this topic? In both SL and HL, connecting to another subject, such as music, should only be necessary if that's the best way to illustrate your knowledge. For example, if you only know Sierpinski triangles through music, but not on it's own abstractly, then you should discuss in context of music since that will help demonstrate what you know.
Hope that helps. Best of luck!

• Like 1