my IB grades atm are

English SL (5)

Math Sl (4)

Arabic SL (5)

chemistry Hl (5)

physics HL (3)

Business HL (5)

including 2 points from Tok/EE

The deadline is january 15 and i am panicking because my predicted grades are low (especially physics) which i will surely improve in the future but as of now im really worried about my current predicted, how can i apply through UCAS with these...

any suggestions?

wow damn i know a friend who was averaging 4s in physics persuaded his teacher to predict him a 7 (and this was after his last mock exam!)

So with that, the only left to do would be to convince your teacher you're worth predicting a 4 or 5 in. Meaning, go try and do a lot of extra work on Physics over this holiday break and as soon as you get back, demonstrate all the hard effort and work you've put in to your teacher ie. showing a full notebook or stacks of papers filled with Physics problems you've done from textbooks, past papers, everything you can get your hands on

Then, you'll need to beg him to give you a chance to bump up your predicted (maybe giving you a past paper or test to do after school) as you NEED this 4 or 5. Make it clear to him that this has a HUGE effect on your future (though not as big as an effect as I believe all of us will come to realise later in life, but never mind that).

(out of topic but I've never seen someone so well-versed in Chemistry to be struggling in Physics – I have friends averaging 7s at Physics HL yet struggling to even get 5s at Chemistry SL)

Best of luck with your prediction!

Edited by IB`ez
  • Like 1