Biology HL -AND- Chemistry SL in same semester???

pianoman2000

Just finished my first semester of IB and WOW is this an experience.  Definitely rewarding, I feel, but I am worried about my schedule for next semester.

I was supposed to take Bio HL as my one science next semester and Art SL this semester, but my Marching Band class this semester was the same block as Art SL (the only time when they offer art) so I was forced to switch into Chem SL next semester.  So that means I have bio first block and chem fourth block in the same semester, and science is without a doubt my weakest subject.  I talked with my coordinator and she said she thought I would be fine doubling up on science but I would like to know what you all think that have taken these classes?  Are they extremely rigorous with tons of homework?  Or do they compliment/overlap each other at all in content since they are both natural sciences?  

Thanks for any insight you can provide!!

~hunter

Edited by pianoman2000

I do Bio HL and Chem SL going into my second year of IB. Both subjects are content heavy and do need a lot of attention and time in order to achieve the grades you want. 

I suggest making a notes folder for each subject and write 1 page of notes for each sub topic ex 6.1, 6.2 etc. At the rate of IB you go through one or two sub topics every week so spending an hour on 1 page of notes on exact subject will not become a problem if you pace yourself and do not fall behind.