Should I apply to Canadian universities now or wait till I raise my predicted grade in Jan/feb

ahmed

So due to unfortunate circumstances in physics HL I'm stuck with a predicted 3, my Chemistry Hl predicted is 5 and math SL is 4

problem is I wanna do engineering but my physics grades need improving 

i want to apply to York,Ubc,Ottawa,ryerson and western Ontario (anymore suggestions would be helpful)

my predicted Total IB points is 29 at the moment

what should I do

As a rule of thumb, a stronger application near the application's deadline is better than a mediocre application submitted early on. 

You should look up each of your universities' respective deadlines. The Early Admission cycle for UBC is past (Dec 01) so it makes little difference to sending it now or sending it a month later. In your case, you'd benefit a lot from submitting it a month later due to the possibility of increasing your Physics predicted grade. 

Hi

but the deadline is January 15 i believe, should i apply without sending the grades until jan-march?

it says on the website

Since we’ll be making admission decisions in the spring before your final IB results are available, we’ll be asking you to arrange for your IB Anticipated Grades to be sent from your school to UBC prior to March 15.

We will also require your official final IB results so it is important that you provide the IB Organization with your consent to release your results to UBC once they are available. Do this right away after you’ve applied to UBC so you don’t forget. Your IB Diploma Coordinator can assist you with these steps.

Please note: If you are a B.C. student following the IBDP, you do not need to fill out the “IB Anticipated Grades” form. Your grades will be relayed to the Admissions Office directly from your student’s IB coordinator.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey I can try to help a bit!!

Ontario universities make all admission decisions before May 28. Most come out during early May. What Canadian IB students do is send in predicted scores in April, giving us lots of time to improve any low scores. You should check to see if this is applicable to you.

To be a bit frank, your scores are not competitive enough for Western or UBC. In Canada, international applicants have to compete for very few seats (usually 10-15% of the entire class is reserved for out of country applicants) so there's lots of competition for them from around the world. I think you could get into York, and with some improvement, Ryerson and Ottawa might be achievable.

If things don't work out, you could try repeating physics and maybe chemistry. It's a policy at Ryerson, York and Ottawa to take the highest prerequisite mark, even if it's your second try.