Can I do a play for CAS Project?

Hey guys,

I am in my first few months of IB and everything is going well, and I have been thinking about my CAS Project so far. I am a writer ish and could I use the book I'm writing as CAS Project? If not, I was thinking if I could write a play and showcase that in school as a performance, or use some existing play and do that. How does that sound? Thanks for helping!

I think a play would work. You may have to do a combination of acting/writing/creating props for the play in order to get the entire 50 hours though. If you're just writing the play, I think you'd get 50 hours but you'll definitely need to do a combination of acting and creating props if you're performing in an existing play.

You could bring in some aspect of Service if some proceeds of the sale ticket goes towards a charity.

Good luck and hope that helped!

On 27/12/2016 at 8:50 AM, Rosalina said:

I think a play would work. You may have to do a combination of acting/writing/creating props for the play in order to get the entire 50 hours though. If you're just writing the play, I think you'd get 50 hours but you'll definitely need to do a combination of acting and creating props if you're performing in an existing play.

You could bring in some aspect of Service if some proceeds of the sale ticket goes towards a charity.

Good luck and hope that helped!

I don't think they use the hours system anymore.... My teacher said they've dropped it.

• Like 1