TOK presentation

eblake

[quote name='eblake' post='28314' date='Nov 12 2008, 09:12 PM']What may be a knowledge issue implicit or relevant to "how do you know which university is right for you?"
Also, what is a knowledge issue?

>_<[/quote]

I don't think a debate on universities is a good T.O.K topic. I wouldn't suggest it, anyway. After all, universities really just come down to people's opinions.

Anyway, to answer your question:

"[i]Knowledge issues are questions that directly refer to our understanding of the world, ourselves and others, in connection with the acquisition, search for, production, shaping and acceptance of knowledge. These issues are intended to open to inquiry and exploration not only problems but also strengths of knowledge. Students sometimes overlook the positive value of different kinds of knowledge, and the discriminatory power of methods used to search for knowledge, to question it, and to establish its validity. Knowledge issues can reveal how knowledge can be a benefit, a gift, a pleasure and a basis for further thought and action, just as they can uncover the possible uncertainties, biases in approach, or limitations relating to knowledge, ways of knowing, and the methods of verification and justification appropriate in different areas of knowledge.[/i]"

Got it from [url="http://xmltwo.ibo.org/dp2006-03/dp_x_tokxx_guu_0603_1_e/7"]here.[/url] Had so many plagiarism warnings that I'm not even ok with doing it outside essays. >.< Anyway, it's a good website, check it out for some tips.

I agree with both posts.. you should try someting more controversial, something that you really care about, and that is really present in you life. I did mine on Ethics in the Beauty Industry and how we cant really escape from it, because anywhere we look we can see something that is influenced by it. Other people in my year have done things like: would a higher polygamy rate reduce divorce rate?