Low IB and decent SAT chances?

Noobi123

Took IB last year and pretty much ****ed it up with a score of 24. Decided to take a gap year and do the SAT and have 1370 as my highest score. Is there any chance I can still get into a good college (Top 50ish or so) with that kind of score? Does anyone have any experience with this?

• 4 weeks later...

In my honest opinion, I don't think so. I have a predicted 40 in IB and 1320 in my SAT and I'm already worried that I can't get in to top 100. Your SAT is already pretty good and can get you into a top 50 at least, but your IB needs help. I suggest taking the subjects again. My brother's friend f*cked up his IB too and he simply retook it.

On 12/29/2016 at 7:52 PM, Noobi123 said:

Took IB last year and pretty much ****ed it up with a score of 24. Decided to take a gap year and do the SAT and have 1370 as my highest score. Is there any chance I can still get into a good college (Top 50ish or so) with that kind of score? Does anyone have any experience with this?

You would apply domestically, right? 

If so, colleges here don't care about IB scores for admissions. I got into Bucknell (#34 on this list overall; #32 for Liberal Arts school) I didn't apply with IB scores and I had a 31 on the ACT, so roughly a 1430 on the new SAT. U.S. admissions look at much more than just test scores, so it's really hard to say. 

1320 is on the low end for the upper unis. Which just means the rest of your application has to be spot on. Killer essays and teacher recs. 

Well it does depend on your major and the list you look at. Different lists rank different universities differently. My extra currics are decent though (I won some competitions, was head of a few clubs, did some volunteer, and interned twice) and so far ppl like my essays so idk I'll just see. Not sure about my teacher recs and my SATs are a bummer