Math EE - Fibonacci Sequence

Maraster

• 4 weeks later...

I was thinking of doing this as my EE topic as well, however it was rejected and not approved because 1) It's a very popular topic and its too general, 2) The mathmatics within it are relatively basic in relation to the math topics studies in HL or SL math, so it would recieve low marks. You can still do an essay based on the principles of the Fibonacci sequence, like the math teacher I met with to discuss my topic suggested measuring the area of the leaves on a plant and measure how the fibonacci sequence effects the area exposed to sunlight on each leaf. (You would then be using Calculus  topics like Riemann Sums and integrals) 

Hope this kinda helps. 

I would recommend that you shy away from "applications in/to real life", because often the essay then becomes too general or shallow. This is especially true if you are uncertain of what applications to do. The Fibonacci sequence is a very interesting sequence mathematically, as highlighted by its relationship to Lucas numbers and the golden ratio. 

• 1 month later...