How does one go about writing a Math Exploration?

Guest General ZOD

Guest General ZOD

Hey guys! 

Okay so I'm in grade 10 Pre-IB right now and we have to do a mock math exploration in order to prepare us for next year. Idk how much of our mark it's worth but I want to do well on it. I looked at some examples from the past and realized that the IB graders (or whatever you wanna call them) mark really hard. How should I write my math exploration? How long should it be? What should the structure/format be? How many diagrams and graphs should be included? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! :D 

• 2 weeks later...

I don't agree that IB graders mark really hard. I'm an IB marker and I sometimes think the marking at times can be a little generous. It is true that it is hard to get a 7 on your IA but it's doable. If I were you, I would look at some more examples especially ones that scored very well. You can check this site out for some examples and read the comments the markers have given for each criteria. Check it out here: https://ibpublishing.ibo.org/live-exist/rest/app/tsm.xql?doc=d_5_matsl_tsm_1205_1_e&part=2&chapter=2