IB November exam 2016- Help?

KiwiNivi

We have a discussion thread on many past exams, here is Biology HL Nov 2016. I want to say that all IB exams do try to test a broad set of skills. Now it doesn't constitutes as cheating if you want to see the May 2016 paper via the Follett store or via your teacher to get a feel for any emphasis, but certainly you cannot expect anyone to provide you a detailed breakdown of questions. 

5 minutes ago, KiwiNivi said:

Thanks :D I'm not expecting people to :) I mean to revise, however it would make it easier for me, if I knew which topics the test relied the most on... thank you :D

They always test a significant range of the syllabus, unfortunately. 

Generally, expect Cells, Genetics, Ecology, and Evolution to appear (can't say for sure as I've yet to do the Nov 2016 exams yet, but they always have appeared in decent proportions in all past exams). Plus, they're arguably the simplest topics to cover.

If I were you, I'd shy away from HL Animal Physiology, as based on what people have complained about, the new syllabus exams of late haven't really touched on them.

Check your PM – if you'd like, we can schedule a couple review sessions leading up to your mocks. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, KiwiNivi said:

Hello ^_^ I am currently doing my last year of IB, and next week my mock exams are coming up. This will determine whether or not I will be allowed to go to the actual exams. Now, this is a bad month for several reasons. The main one being, that my father passed away last month. Naturally this has not been very good for my studying. I am still determined to continue, however I'm feeling extremely stressed on top of the grief after my father. On top of that I live in my own with my younger sibling, so I still have a lot of stuff to do daily besides studying. However if you graduated this November, you may be able to help me. I am in Bio HL. And it is my hardest subject to revise on, since there is a lot of stuff I did not quite catch during the course. My teacher told me that the exam we will be tested on is the November 2016 exam. Are there anything the exam focusses particularly on so that I do not have to revise my entire book over the weekend? Please help me, I'm just trying to get through this part. If you can give me some hints for paper 3 as well I would be oh so very grateful. 

Thanks in advance.

First off, I'm sorry about the loss of your father. I just wanted to suggest that if you hadn't already you should consider talking to a counsellor or your IB coordinator so that he/she can relay the message to your teachers so that they know the difficulties that you're facing (If you're comfortable sharing that information with your teachers; if not, that's completely understandable too). I know you want to do the exams, but IB also has a policy in place where students can suspend sitting exams in situations like this. You're coordinator should know about this policy, so that's also something to consider.