Choosing my subjects

Alijassim-aj

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there! I just recently went through the same sort of dilemma when choosing my courses. In my opinion, even taking Math SL and Physics SL would be fine because they are college level courses and because of that they'll boost your GPA. However, if you want to get into a really competitive engineering program you might want to look at taking HL Math or Physics, but be warned they are both really hard courses and I definitely would not advise taking both unless you are very confident and skilled in both subjects. 

Hope this helps!

Hi there. If you want to go into Engineering, I would definitely looking into taking Math and Physics. If the program is very competitive, then take HL Math and HL Physics if your school offers them. Be aware though, it's a lot of coursework and really only worth it if you are confident in your ability and skills but also if you're willing to put the time into it. I would also look into maybe taking Chemistry also. Cheers and good luck

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/6/2017 at 4:39 AM, Alijassim-aj said:

HI there, am about to choose my subjects,am willing to go to engineering track mostly civil,electric,electronic, at the same time I still want my gpa up.

What subjects should I choose ? Physics & math ofc but which minimum level is required ?

Hey! I'm also in the same situation! I guess what I'd have to say is that you should take subjects that you are interested in as those would be the ones you'd do best in. For the majority of the engineering programs, you'd need Physics at HL and Math HL (Math HL is very tough, though, and only competitive universities require it, otherwise you can do Math at SL.