I need help please!

JeongwooP

Hello~

I am in 9th grade currently, and I am planning on applying at MIT and Harvard when I graduate. I heard that both of these schools look at your reports from grade 9 onwards.

However, I am on the borderline of a 6 and 7 (6.9) for my semester 1 english a report. Will this be a 6 or a 7 for my final report?

Should I also ask the teacher if there are any extra tasks I can do to raise my grade? 

Hi,

The IB unfortunately doesn't average grades. They add up your points (the 6s and 7s that you got) and use a conversion table to see in what grade you fit in (for example 25-30 points is a 7). If you want to get a 7, then definitely ask the teacher for extra tasks. Either way it never hurts and it shows to your teacher that you are a responsible and attentive student. 

On 1/9/2017 at 8:47 AM, JeongwooP said:

Hello~

I am in 9th grade currently, and I am planning on applying at MIT and Harvard when I graduate. I heard that both of these schools look at your reports from grade 9 onwards.

However, I am on the borderline of a 6 and 7 (6.9) for my semester 1 english a report. Will this be a 6 or a 7 for my final report?

Should I also ask the teacher if there are any extra tasks I can do to raise my grade? 

Since you're in 9th grade I really don't recommend you worry about any of this. As long as you can achieve consistently high scores in your 10th, 11th and 12th grades, there really isn't any reason why as to why Ivy league schools should be out of your reach. Don't forget that extra curriculars and your personal essays carry a lot of weight as well.