Psych Essay Question

doesntmatterwhy

QUESTION 6:
a) Some research studies within the learning perspective are seen as ethically contentious. With reference to such research studies, describe relevant ethical considerations. [8 marks]
b) To what extent have ethical considerations affected the interpretation of behavior within the learning perspective? [12 marks]

Hey, need some help understanding part B. Exactly what is the question asking?
Thanks! ^^

Part A)
You have to identify the basic ethical issues that are relevant to the topic. I think you should probably try to pick two, maybe three ethical issues. You can talk about the animal testing, and experiments with children among others. (Those were just some things I came up with, there are more.)

Part B)
First and foremost, the question wants you to explain which ethical considerations have affected the interpretation of behavior (within the learning perspective) and to what extent they affected the interpretation of behavior. So you need to talk about some cases where the ethical considerations affected the interpretation of behavior, and how they affected it. You can also talk about the evolution of ethics over time, and how they have changed. Consider analysing an experiment from a different time period by today's standards.

[quote name='flsweetheart422' post='28436' date='Nov 15 2008, 07:28 PM']Part A)
You have to identify the basic ethical issues that are relevant to the topic. I think you should probably try to pick two, maybe three ethical issues. You can talk about the animal testing, and experiments with children among others. (Those were just some things I came up with, there are more.)

Part B)
First and foremost, the question wants you to explain which ethical considerations have affected the interpretation of behavior (within the learning perspective) and to what extent they affected the interpretation of behavior. So you need to talk about some cases where the ethical considerations affected the interpretation of behavior, and how they affected it. You can also talk about the evolution of ethics over time, and how they have changed. Consider analysing an experiment from a different time period by today's standards.[/quote]

Awesome help. Thanks a lot..

So for B, I'm saying how the lack of ethical considerations helped/didn't help the interpretation of behavior?
I don't get what I'm supposed to say in B. Am I supposed to support it, or what?

Exactly what does [b]"ethical considerations have affected the interpretation of behavior "[/b] mean?

Also, I'm using Little Albert and Seligman's dogs, and there is NOTHING ethical about the studies...however without them, there is no good data of conditioning..and learned helplessnes...X_X