History IA

IBhahaha

Hi, guys!

I am starting my IA today, and I want to do it about Queen Elizabeth 1st.

I really want to investigate about like how Queen Elizabeth being not married to anyone affected the English people.

I would like to discuss these things in my IA, however, I am not sure about how to form my research question;

How did Queen Elizabeth being not married affected the people?

I think this question is too broad and I need to make this more specific and narrow but I can't ...

please help me with it....

Thank you

I don't really know about Elizabeth but when I was researching I found out that Elizabeth had a relationship with Thomas Seymour. There are many controversies about this and also this particular thing changes Elizabeth in future how to have a relationship with others.

Should I talk about this?

Also when Elizabeth 1 became the queen, because Mary 1 was called a bloody queen and as a failure, they thought that Elizabeth 1 will be good and it changed how people thought about the queen.

Should I write about this?

I don't know what I should write about, please help me!!!!!!! 

Too Broad

Reason :

Remember, your IA has to be balanced so asking "How did Queen Elizabeth being single affect the British people?" is weird as you can find the points FOR the argument easily; however if you focus on the other side of the argument what would you write? Why her being single did NOT affect the British people? Affect what though? You have to be precise. What I would do is change the question up a bit by being more precise such as:

'How did Queen Elizabeth being not married affect the English foreign policy during the years of [year - year]?" 

'How did Queen Elizabeth being not married affect the English economy during the years of [year - year]?