Can I ask IB for choosing my IA for moderation?

Cheryl1998

Soon I must submit one of my Internal Assessment Investigations.

I've got a hopeless teacher, who not only has no idea about the subject, but also who really doesn't like me. When I gave her the draft of my Investigation, she crossed almost everything, saying 'it is all wrong or unnecessary'. I am sure it was not, as I was guided by the examples of works assessed and commented by IBO (she crossed even the things, which IBO requires). I am afraid she did it on purpose to decrease the quality of my IA.

Now I suppose that while marking my work, she may be not objective and lower my grades significantly. In case when my IA is not sent for moderation, I will get a very low grade....

Is there such a possibility to ask IB for choosing my IA for moderation? Or is there any other way to somehow cope with this situation?

Thanks for advices!

Edited by Cheryl1998

I think there are special cases at the very end to ask for an IA to be remoderated in case there are very large discrepancies between what the IB gave you and what the teacher gave you (?) though I'm not sure.

Also sounds like you have it pretty hard – have you talked about your teacher's behavior with your DP Coordinator? 

1 minute ago, IB`ez said:

I think there are special cases at the very end to ask for an IA to be remoderated in case there are very large discrepancies between what the IB gave you and what the teacher gave you (?) though I'm not sure.

If the average of moderated scores is >15% different than the original scores, then the coordinator can request the entire class to be remoderated.