Lewis981

After finishing my IA I realized that my data points failed me. I was testing to see if ethylene had any effect on seed germination, but I rarely even got more than three germination's in a trial. Can I turn in an IA that doesn't have any calculations done because the data wasn't adequate? Or is that not an Internal Assessment?

Hm, I believe calculations are a vital part of the IA, or at least my teacher put weight into it. Even though your data points failed you, it's still possible to include calculations albeit they don't show anything. You could construct a good conclusion with reasons to why it didn't work and why the calculations were not of significance. Maybe the seeds were not functional, thus, the calculations did not have adequate data? One last option – probably an awful one – is to make up data points. In my (personal) opinion, the essay itself and the evaluation are the most essential parts and not the experiment. I don't know how the IB is reasoning though, but I don't believe they would find out or care about it. However, I would go with the earlier suggestion.

Edited by licia