ESS IA HELP PLEASE!

slothlife

Hi everyone!

I had to switch my IA topic basically last minute (I only have about 2 weeks to do it now) and after having my teacher tell me that it could be research-based, I stumbled upon the following idea in an ESS book:

Investigation ecological footprints

• Suggested research question: What is the relationship between ecological footprint and the level of development of a country and what are people's attitudes to possible solutions to high ecological footprints?

My teacher approved the concept but said it was best to change it up a little seeing as the IB already knows the idea/IA. I was wondering if anyone could enlighten me in regards to possible angles that I could look at in order to make my IA more original.

**note: I intend on using GDP as a measurement of a country's development. In addition, I am a bit apprehensive about the second part of the research question because it requires me designing a questionnaire and realistically, I don't think that will be very successful/I don't think I will obtain a lot of data. Therefore, I am most comfortable with changes related to the second aspect of the research question (but I am open to any and all other ideas).

As I mentioned before, I do have a short amount of time to complete this and I'm therefore quite desperate. All help is welcomed!

Thank you in advance!