Four years of language?

Cat G.

What do you mean by "requiring four years of language"? Is this before enrolling in an IB course or the number of years you study a language?

In IB, you study one Group 2 language for two years. You may be thinking it is 4 years due to pre-IB courses, which aren't "official" IB courses, per say.

I am confused so I will try to answer as best as I can. I am in the MYP (10th grade) and I am told that I need to study a language for four years. I am currently in Spanish 3 but I wish to switch languages. So do I need to the same language to achieve that requirement or can I just do languages but not the same. I don't know if I helped.

5 minutes ago, Cat G. said:

I am confused so I will try to answer as best as I can. I am in the MYP (10th grade) and I am told that I need to study a language for four years. I am currently in Spanish 3 but I wish to switch languages. So do I need to the same language to achieve that requirement or can I just do languages but not the same. I don't know if I helped.

That changes from school to school. Some schools allow you to change the language, while others insist you take the same language all four years. You would have to ask your school whether they'll let you switch languages, but it'll be up to you to catch up with all the material you missed.