How do I carry out this Math IA?

Synapsz

Topic: How can you rank up in League of Legends by taking into consideration the factors that affect placement?

Here is the proposal so far: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1oiaNvOULQ1B6Da1zgD6MVSNVsCn9SedF0M2199v0Ans/edit?usp=sharing

This topic was suggested to me by my teacher when I had to give a list of my interests. She recommended doing it on League of Legends due to the various mathematical factors present within it. She explained that my goal was going to be moving up a full rank by understanding what comes into play to win games.

My question to you is, which mathematical concepts that are covered in SL Math can I use in my IA? Also, if you think my Research Question could be better worded or altered please feel free to leave feedback.

I have seen others do IAs related to League of Legends (ex. Wards and Supporting IA) and get decent to high marks so I know it's possible, I just need to know how to get started.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Just to be clear about this, the example you provided that got top marks (posted on reddit) was for Math Studies. The criteria for Math studies is completely different from the Math SL criteria. The Math SL IA is marked at a much higher level. Though some things can be learned from the Wards and Supporting IA, it's not a fair comparison. This IA would not get a high mark with the Math SL criteria.

I think you're on the right track if you're thinking about the mathematical concepts needed to get a high mark on your IA. (I couldn't read your proposal because you made it by request only. Please change the settings of the document so that anyone can view it). Make sure you have enough math concepts and then focus on the personal engagement component of your IA (meaning what lessons can you draw from it).