IA TOPIC HSTORY

NadinaCastro

Hi all,

I have been asked to start thinking about my IA topic for History Hl and I would like to link it with English literature since it is what I want to study at university. I have had some ideas along the lines of the following: What is the significance of The Diary of Anne Frank on the historical events at the time? 

It would be really helpful if you could help me come up with some topics that link history and literature. Please suggest!

Thank you :)

Nadina

Hi there. I also take HL History and I've got my IA due in a few weeks. I'm not too sure if that would be a feasible History IA topic or not because of the fact you're trying to link English Literature and History. Remember, it's a History IA, not an English assignment. Focusing on the impact that the Diary had would be more of an English assignment rather than a History IA. If you want to talk about something within the boundaries of the Holocaust, then maybe, you're better off using The Diary of Anne Frank as one of the sources you are going to analyse within the IA rather than focusing your entire investigation on the book itself and the impact it had. I would ask your teacher for more clarification. Hope this helps. 

• Like 2