What makes a CAS project?

kdbruh2

I was having a chat with my CAS coordinator and he seems to be new to the whole CAS thing so I couldn't really determine the reliability on the information he gave me. He said that a CAS project needs to be longer than a month and done in a group. I was involved in a backstage crew, and the whole thing went on for 2 months, but we only had rehearsals for about once or twice a week. We planned the things that needed to be done for the whole show, prepared the props, costumes, etc. as well as the procedure for the performance night. Will this count as a CAS project or experience?

I'd say it would count as a project. The preprararion and "background work" that is put into even a single show is definitely part of the activity as well. I, for example, helped out with a threaten piece organised by my school and got over 10 hours despite the thing lasting about an hour.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mac117 said:

I'd say it would count as a project. The preprararion and "background work" that is put into even a single show is definitely part of the activity as well. I, for example, helped out with a threaten piece organised by my school and got over 10 hours despite the thing lasting about an hour.

Thank you for the reply! Also, do you happen to know how completing all of the outcomes are determined? For example, if I only have one reflection for an outcome yet several for the other 6, will it still be counted as having all of the outcomes achieved?

On January 21, 2017 at 3:53 AM, kamilab said:

For example, if I only have one reflection for an outcome yet several for the other 6, will it still be counted as having all of the outcomes achieved?

Yes, it will. You don't need to meet all the criteria and outcomes in one experience/CAS project.