Taking SATs even though I may be going to the UK

Wolfie

Hello everyone!

I am doing full IB right now, I am taking HL Biology, Chemistry and Psychology, I am wishing to further study medicine in the UK, and I am avoiding the SATs like the black plague right now. I really want to do medicine and I know that it is quite tough to do medicine in the US as of right now. But I was wondering, just in case I do not make it into any medical schools in the UK, should I be doing SATs? so that I can have a fall back to be able to enter colleges in the US? And is it too late to start? I am in Grade 11 and I am pretty sure I will have to start uni applications fall of 2017. I just need some advice as I know SATs provide a lot more work load and if it is worth it to do it as a fall back if I do not make it into a med school in the UK.

Thanks for any advice or two cents!

Edited by Wolfie

Unless your family's financially well-equipped enough to support you studying for 8 years in the United States, where tuition fees are notorious, you should consider Australia as a fallback. 

There are several good universities there that either allows you to study medicine as an undergraduate or have a guaranteed spot for graduate medicine, and won't require as long a time as in the U.S.