• Math SL - 5

TOK - B

EE (English A) - A

Total: 40

Highest SAT: (1860/2400) and (1320/1600) :( Yeah I know

Extracurricular:

• President of Debate Club
  • Chief Editor of Magazine Club
  • Joined WSC (international selective debate and writing competition) for 2 years where I got medals and trophies (team and individual)
  • Member of book club
  • Joined business elective and attended economic conventions + joined 4 week workshop on stock trading
  • Joined badminton elective (won couple of medals)
  • Joined Indonesian Red Cross Society
  • Interned in Indosiar (National television company)
  • Interned in Arah.com (Online magazine company)
  • Joined Poetry Slams and won a couple

Major: Communications/Media Studies

Choices

For the US,

• UCLA
  • UC Berkeley 
  • USC
  • UC San Diego
  • UC Davis
  • UC Irvine
  • University of Washington in Seattle
  • Boston University
  • Boston College
  • Pepperdine
  • NYU

For the UK,

• Warwick
  • University College London
  • Kings college
  • Newcastle
  • Loughborough

Other recommendations for my major in Communication in the US that I can still apply for? Thanks!

I think you're likely getting into all of your US unis, except for maybe UC Berkeley due to the SAT score – but even still, according to an official IBO document released in 2012, back then they accepted around 55% of IB Diploma applicants. So it's not a stretch that 5 years later they'd still probably have over 40% acceptance.

Not as well-versed for the UK but Warwick and UCL are extremely selective. With your predicted grades and a solid personal statement though, I think you're still in good stead – even more so when you consider that your application won't have any more weaknesses since they don't want the SAT.

@IB'ez Thanks for the reply! I really hope so. I know BC, UC Berkeley, USC, and UCLA are stretches though. I'm just crossing my fingers at this point :)

Ps. For UK, I heard that all they want are the scores. And the highest among the UK unis they need for my major is 36 (from UCL) thankfully the rest is around 33-34 (even Warwick!) so I hope I don't mess up my final IBs.

I don't think you should be blinded by a 40% acceptance rate. It's not that 40% means half the school accept you and half don't. It's more likely to be most accept or most reject. There is not many US undergrad still open for Fall 2017 admission, if at all. Prepare well for the finals and hope for the best!