IB is a joke.

JoeT

IB is a joke. It isn't the refreshing diploma you'd want to take; it is just hard just to be hard. It doesn't really teach you what they claim to, it is just annoying hard and stupid work. It doesn't give you time for anything else than IB itself. 

Why don't they let you start a project in which you could continue on once you graduate? No. Because that you would mean it will be enjoyable for you. 

I have currently 4 projects in which I'm making money from (around 25k usd a month) and enjoying them but I have to spare time for the stupid IB program that doesn't teach you ANYTHING. 

Only classes that I like are mathematics HL and physics HL, all the others (TOK, CAS, French SL, English SL, Economics SL, ITGS HL) are complete time wasters. And they consume your life.

Like what the actual **** does ITGS teach you; NOTHING. Only thing you have to do is read a **** ton of words and memorize their ****ing stupid definition. I'm a computer geek but this crap is unbearable. I wish I never started the IB.

My 2 cents if you're not in the IB yet and you do not like memorization and you are actually intelligent (however I'd support literary people to take it) ; Don't take it. 
And if you just started you should quit. But of course you'd be 1-2 thousands dollar short since IB is kinda a scam =P.

• Like 1

LMAO if you have such a big problem, why don't you just quit. Why not stay in the mainstream if it suits you?

Getting to the  "Why don't they let you start a project in which you could continue on once you graduate," a girl started to write a book for her Personal Project and she's getting it published soon... so yeah... L.

Let's just be honest here, IB is hard af and it's very time consuming, but the fact is that we all procrastinate and then cry about it.

7 hours ago, JoeT said:

IB is a joke. It isn't the refreshing diploma you'd want to take; it is just hard just to be hard. It doesn't really teach you what they claim to, it is just annoying hard and stupid work. It doesn't give you time for anything else than IB itself. 

Why don't they let you start a project in which you could continue on once you graduate? No. Because that you would mean it will be enjoyable for you. 

I have currently 4 projects in which I'm making money from (around 25k usd a month) and enjoying them but I have to spare time for the stupid IB program that doesn't teach you ANYTHING. 

Only classes that I like are mathematics HL and physics HL, all the others (TOK, CAS, French SL, English SL, Economics SL, ITGS HL) are complete time wasters. And they consume your life.

Like what the actual **** does ITGS teach you; NOTHING. Only thing you have to do is read a **** ton of words and memorize their ****ing stupid definition. I'm a computer geek but this crap is unbearable. I wish I never started the IB.

My 2 cents if you're not in the IB yet and you do not like memorization and you are actually intelligent (however I'd support literary people to take it) ; Don't take it. 
And if you just started you should quit. But of course you'd be 1-2 thousands dollar short since IB is kinda a scam =P.

You mad bro?

If you think those IB subjects waste time, try comparing them to your local curriculum.  I don't know about Lebanon, but here in NSW Australia the alternative is the HSC, which is quite a bit worse.  The subjects are Australia-centric, not interested in the rest of the world, and involve basically just memorisation.  The only way you can do well is if you take maths and science subjects, humanities are scaled down so much that it's hard to succeed against the people who simply memorise essays and how to solve questions.  IB forces you to be at least a little bit creative by coming up with IA projects, an EE topic, and lots of the exams are unseen or difficult to prepare for (like language A paper 1 and B papers), so it's about your analysis skills, not your memorisation skills.

Yes, IB is hard, but real life is a whole lot harder...

• Like 2

• 3 years later...
On 1/23/2017 at 12:42 PM, Gaurav19 said:

LMAO if you have such a big problem, why don't you just quit. Why not stay in the mainstream if it suits you?

Getting to the  "Why don't they let you start a project in which you could continue on once you graduate," a girl started to write a book for her Personal Project and she's getting it published soon... so yeah... L.

Let's just be honest here, IB is hard af and it's very time consuming, but the fact is that we all procrastinate and then cry about it.

On 1/23/2017 at 2:55 PM, Dosco said:

You mad bro?

Maybe he cannot quit because of other people bias that ib is great. ib is the only way to be successful. ib gives the university you want. Those other people bias cause parents to pressure their children to do ib just because he has done ib. 

ib is just a freaking expensive stupid thing. What you need to learn is not a stupid achievement, like a stupid ib diploma. All you need is you, your passion, your interests, your hard work and most importantly a teacher. You love a topic or have a passion in a subject, for example, in Math? Then go to your teacher classes, listen, understand and ask questions? Do not start getting fooled about ib's stupid  writings or statements that ib brings you better education or better knowledge or a better view or perspective of understanding the world. BULL****!

Ib does not really have what you like. Learning knowledge should not be a pressure but rather an interest. 

So if somebody wants to learn and do things that he/she likes than ib is not for that. Passion is not equal to number/marks.

If you care all just about marks and achievements than ib is a challenging road.

But, again, these people bias that ib is the only thing to success is hampering the correct use or acquirement of education.

I am not trying to say anything against ib but this is all according to my personal experience. My parents pressurized me to do this stupid ib, where I actually learned knowledge from the teacher themselves no matter which course type you pick(ib or non ib, for example, physics or physics ib), and even if I would like to quit I have to pay a freaking amount of money, since ib charges large amount of fees to the school. Also the most unfair and stupid thing is how ib had its system of marking. The ib marks pretty much only count on how you result in the ib exams. You work hard for the whole course and got very nice marks. But if you suddenly  get sick and did not perform well in your exams, than you are not getting your diploma. What the hell is this stupid system course?

Maybe he cannot quit because of other people bias that ib is great. ib is the only way to be successful. ib gives the university you want. Those other people bias cause parents to pressure their children to do ib just because he has done ib. 

ib is just a freaking expensive stupid thing. What you need to learn is not a stupid achievement, like a stupid ib diploma. All you need is you, your passion, your interests, your hard work and most importantly a teacher. You love a topic or have a passion in a subject, for example, in Math? Then go to your teacher classes, listen, understand and ask questions? Do not start getting fooled about ib's stupid  writings or statements that ib brings you better education or better knowledge or a better view or perspective of understanding the world. BULL****!

Ib does not really have what you like. Learning knowledge should not be a pressure but rather an interest. 

So if somebody wants to learn and do things that he/she likes than ib is not for that. Passion is not equal to number/marks.

If you care all just about marks and achievements than ib is a challenging road.

But, again, these people bias that ib is the only thing to success is hampering the correct use or acquirement of education.

I am not trying to say anything against ib but this is all according to my personal experience. My parents pressurized me to do this stupid ib, where I actually learned knowledge from the teacher themselves no matter which course type you pick(ib or non ib, for example, physics or physics ib), and even if I would like to quit I have to pay a freaking amount of money, since ib charges large amount of fees to the school. Also the most unfair and stupid thing is how ib had its system of marking. The ib marks pretty much only count on how you result in the ib exams. You work hard for the whole course and got very nice marks. But if you suddenly  get sick and did not perform well in your exams, than you are not getting your diploma. What the hell is this stupid system course?

• 3 years later...

IB is a joke! Maybe, but not so sure... it's definitely not a scam. The joke is that the organization has no full control over the schools across the globe. It depends on the school and its teachers. It's a very lucrative business indeed. To not mention China.... Can't fake IB exams? who says that? There are IBDP subjects that don't have even exams! Predictive scores are a joke! Students know which subjects to choose to score high with minimal effort. It's definitely not rigorous and decent universities start noticing that. So the answer I think is, it's not for everyone 💰💸.. Cheers

Edited by GreatD